During the Spring of 2014, a group of coaches, parents, and community members came together through our shared vision for chess in Delaware. We at the Delaware Youth Chess Organization (DYCO) believe chess can serve as a vehicle for youth development everyone can agree on.
We currently spend most of our energy organizing chess tournaments and identifying resources for people to start their own school/community youth chess clubs.
Throughout 2015 we are looking to plan out a Delaware Youth Chess League and create a system of support for DE chess players to compete in National Youth Chess Events.
Our Mission is to:
– Create a Delaware Youth Chess League.
– Help children find clubs, instruction & tournament opportunities in DE.
– Organize chess tournaments in DE.
– Raise money for scholastic tournaments, supplies & instruction.
– Identify and train chess coaches and tournament directors.
– Prepare Delaware representatives to participate in National Youth Chess Events.